You are here
Honors Curriculum Requirements
Leadership and Civic Engagement Concentration
To graduate from the Honors College, students must maintain a 3.25 cumulative grade point average, a 3.0 GPA in the Honors curriculum, and complete the Honors core, thesis, and one of the three elective concentrations. The Honors College curriculum is designed to work with any degree program by overlapping with Foundational Studies requirements and major classes.
Honors Core (12 Credits)
Honors students must complete the following four General Honors (GH) courses:
- General Honors (GH) 101: Honors Seminar: Contemporary Issues (3 credits)
- General Honors (GH) 201: Introduction to the Great Works (3 credits)
- General Honors (GH) 301: Honors Junior Seminar (3 credits)
- General Honors (GH) 401: Senior Thesis (3 credits) - to be taken after completing the other courses in the Honors Core plus 12 credits in the student's selected elective track
Note: Students who complete the Honors core (GH 101, GH 201, GH 301, and GH 401) will have met the following Foundational Studies requirements:
- Social and Behavioral Science
- Literary Studies
- Fine and Performing Arts
- Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Upper Division, Integrative Electives
Leadership and Civic Engagement Electives (24-31 Credits)
Note: This information is based on the 2019-2020 undergraduate catalog. Please refer to the requirements in your undergraduate catalog and consult with your academic advisor before declaring a minor or registering for classes.
To earn the leadership and civic engagement concentration, students must complete one of the following:
Please contact the Honors College at 812-237-3225 with any questions.
Greg Bierly, Dean
Pickerl Hall 110
Indiana State University
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM