The Blumberg Center supports ISU faculty in research, education, and service aligned with the Center mission through a variety of services, outlined below.
WILLIAM LITTLEJOHN PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AWARD
The William Littlejohn Professional Development Award is available to a College of Education undergraduate (freshman, sophomore or junior) who is an active member of the Student Council for Exceptional Children or who has demonstrated an interest in special education.
The award provides up to $250 towards attendance at a national or state conference/workshop related to the field of special education. Preferably, the conference would be sponsored by the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) or the Indiana CEC chapter. Funds may be used for registration, travel expenses, and/or lodging.
The recipient will:
- Be an ISU undergraduate College of Education major,
- Demonstrate strong scholarship by GPA of at least 3.0,
- Demonstrate a record of service to the fields of education with interest in special education,
- Demonstrate potential for contribution to the field of special education, and
- Be selected by the Blumberg Center Steering Council.