You are here
The mission of University Testing at Indiana State University is to support the testing needs of faculty, students, staff, and guests. We strive to meet those needs by providing a wide variety of testing services and maintaining a secure testing environment. These services will be adhered to in accordance to the National College Testing Association (NCTA) Professional Standards and Guidelines.
NOTE: All activities are monitored by video surveillance at the University Testing Center.
Directions and Test Day Information
Parking is available for a nominal fee in the visitor’s parking lot at the corner of Fifth Street and Chestnut Street. Please see map below.
John W. Moore Welcome Center : Directions and Parking Map
University Testing enforces test sponsor regulations to ensure the validity of all tests and the safety of our clients. Additionally, Indiana State University standards of academic integrity for students apply in the Testing Center.
NOTE: All activities are monitored by video surveillance inside the testing center.
University Testing offers a secure testing space for non-ISU proctored exams and distance learning. Our facilities are suitable for both paper & pencil and web-based testing for test candidates who require a proctored environment. Whether you are enrolled in a distance learning program, staying in the area temporarily, or taking a professional licensure test that requires a proctor, our center is equipped to administer most types of paper- and computer-based tests.
Proctored exams cost $25 Payment is due when you arrive to take the exam. For payment, we accept:
Schedule your Exam
Proctored exams are scheduled thru the University Testing Office. Please contact us at 812-237-9634 or email email@example.com to check availability.
How to make Arrangements for a Proctored Exam
- any proctor pre-approval forms;
- test information and guidelines;
- candidate ID requirements;
- instructions on how to return the exam (if applicable);
- technology requirements (if applicable);
- supplemental materials (if applicable);
- exam password(s) (if applicable);
- the exam itself (if paper & pencil).
In an effort to help ensure the safety of our students, faculty, staff and reduce the potential of transmission of COVID-19, University Testing is recommending that all faculty use Blackboard administered testing as a contact-less option. While Blackboard administered testing is more convenient and time-efficient option at this time, if you still wish to use Scantrons services provided by University Testing, please note that there will be a 5 business day processing time from the point delivered to the University Testing Office.
If you have any questions about these changes, please do not hesitate to contact University Testing at firstname.lastname@example.org or (812) 237- 9634.
Test Correction and Analysis
A job processing form and a key are required for each exam submitted for processing.
- Scantron sheets are available in the University Testing Center Office.
- Tests can be dropped off at the Welcome Center - University Testing Room 126.
- Test results must be signed for. Tests are never sent through campus mail.
- University Testing is not responsible for tests lost or misplaced through campus mail.
- University Testing is not responsible for misplaced exams that have been signed for and picked up.
- All results will be returned within five business days.
Reports from exams submitted on Scantrons to University Testing will be emailed to the instructor's address provided. University Testing will not print test results. Reports sent from University Testing can be uploaded into Blackboard for your students. Instructions are provided here.