The University College is committed to treating its family members (staff, faculty, and students) with dignity and respect. It is a safe space that supports civil, candid, sometimes passionate, but always sophisticated and nuanced dialogue over complex issues. But that said, it does not tolerate, permit, or turn blind eye to hatred and bigotry. It will work to dismantle structural inequities and work to ensure each member of its family lives, works and learns in an environment that permits them to flourish, and to fulfill their aspirations and reach their goals. #SycamoreStrong
- Welcome to the University College! We serve all first-year students at State, providing professional academic advising services as well as a variety of support programs. Additionally, the University’s Foundational Studies Program is housed within University College. Ultimately, our goal is to help ensure Sycamores experience a successful start to their academic career at State!
- Vision Statement: The University College will support first-year students through the promotion of high quality advising and instruction and by collaboration with campus units responsible for student success.
The purpose of the University College is to help first-year students success by:
- Instilling in first-year students a sense of personal responsibility for and commitment to their academic success
- Promoting professional excellence and accountability on the part of staff, faculty and administrators
- Providing first-year students with access to high quality and transitional academic advising
- Partnering with the Foundational Studies Council, as well as Academic Colleges, to provide high quality instruction for first-year students, centered on student learning, developmental scaffolding, and the challenge and rigor appropriate for the first year of college
- Collaborating with campus divisions and units to build a responsive and developmentally appropriate network of assistance for first-year students
Normal Hall - Room 207
Phone: (812) 237-3940