You are here
Recreation and Sport Management
The core content of the graduate program emphasizes seven competency areas established by the National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE) and the North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM). These emphasis areas include:
- Leadership, Management, and Organization of Recreation and Sport
- Research Methods and Applications
- Legal Aspects of Recreation and Sport
- Marketing of Recreation and Sport Programs and Facilities
- Recreation and Sport in the Social Context
- Financial Management of Recreation and Sport Programs
- Ethics in Recreation and Sport Management
Since 1991, the program has had a nearly 100% placement rate for graduates. The graduate program was designed to keep the instructor-to-student ratio small, allowing opportunities for students and faculty to develop close working relationships. The program serves an international constituency.
The 100% Online Master of Science in Recreation and Sport Management with a concentration in Sport Management has been designed to meet the demands of working interscholastic athletic administrators. This web-based program is targeted to highly motivated individuals and will allow students the ability to increase their understanding of the field of Athletic Administration without altering their personal and professional schedules. Emphasis is placed on preparing individuals for the ever changing economic, political, legal, and marketing concerns that are a part of the sports industry.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will have / be able to:
- Furthered their knowledge through an application based course structure designed to enhance skills and competencies in athletic administration.
- Utilize current working problems within the profession in order to assess solutions to established needs; and
- Build a professional networking base that allows for the sharing of issues and problems in order to integrate a logical problem solving paradigm in the solution process.
This program goes beyond theoretical instruction and provides knowledge, skills, and professional expertise in the fields of athletic administration. This program is designed to prepare interscholastic athletic administrators for the leadership skills requires as the discipline in athletic administration grows.
Let us put you on the map and sign up for courses today!
Curious to see where other Athletic Administration students are from? Map of Sport Management Students' locations