Appendix B: "Sycamore Standard"
Adopted by SGA in 2002; Adapted Policy Review Committee 2013
All members of Indiana State University will learn and apply essential life lessons related to: self-awareness, communication, civility and respect, integrity, forgiveness, patience and trust. As a member of Indiana State University:
- I will practice personal responsibility and academic integrity;
- I will aspire towards truth and learning;
- I will foster an environment conducive to mine and other’s health, wellness, and safety;
- I will avoid acts that promote intolerance of individuals or groups;
- I will conduct myself in a manner that brings honor to me and the University community; and
- I will discourage behaviors by others that are differing to these standards and expectations of the Code of Student Conduct.
Awareness of the common good leads us to make individual choices in light of how they affect, or may affect, other people and the ISU community as a whole. Accepting certain social conditions allows people, either as groups or individuals, to reach their full holistic development.