Doctor of Physical Therapy
Notice to Applicants
We require all students applying to our program (2023-2024 Application Cycle) to attend an Open House:
Virtual Open House - Dates pending for Fall 2023
Applicants MUST email us to RSVP.
Once an applicant's email is received, further instructions (expectations, zoom link etc) will be provided
- We are waiving the required minimum GRE score of 290. However, all applicants are required to submit GRE Scores. We encourage you to review the average scores of previous cohorts to determine competitiveness.
|GRE (v)||GRE (q)||IN Resident||ISU
- We recognize that COVID-19 has changed academic plans across the country in ways that are outside of the student’s control. Our program will accept pass/fail grades for Spring 2020 courses with no disadvantage to the applicant. To enable us to make informed admission decisions, we do encourage as much coursework as possible be taken which is traditionally graded(vs. pass/fail); this is especially true of our prerequisites.
60 observation hours are required. Two different clinical settings are required. (See PTCAS for details.)
Altus Suite - Admissions Assessments of Non-cognitive Skills
Altus Suite consists of Casper (Online Situational Judgment Test) and Snapshot (10-minute one-way Interview)
Altus Suite scores are required for all applicants submitted during the 2023-2024 application cycle
Information on Altus Suite and Instructions on initiating the Altus Suite testing process
The deadline for completing the Altus Suite tests is October 13, 2023.
Application Deadline - Applications will be accepted until October 16, 2023 for the DPT class entering Summer of 2024.
Please have all GRE scores sent to our NEW program specific code: 1710 - Indiana St U PTCAS
The Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at Indiana State University participates in the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service, known as PTCAS.
- Applicants applying to the entry-level physical therapist education program for the 2024 entering class will apply online using the PTCAS application beginning in July 15, 2023. Learn more at the PTCAS website.
- Bachelor's Degree
- GRE Scores
- Verification of observation hours is required. Applicants are encouraged to have their PT observation hours verified electronically through PTCAS at the time they apply, rather than use a paper form. However, paper forms uploaded as an attachments to the PTCAS application are also accepted.
- Interview dates pending.
- Admission Requirements / Prerequisite Courses
- For additional information, please contact:
- Mrs. Regina Zerkel - 812-237-4978
- Email us
University Catalog - Required Courses
Additional DPT Program Expenses
The Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at Indiana State University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 3030 Potomac Ave., Suite 100, Alexandria, Virginia 22305-3085; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: email@example.com; website: http://www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call 812-237-4428 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Provide feedback about the ISU DPT Program to Howell Tapley, PT, PhD, OCS, Program Director.