Indiana State University... your home away from home!
Who is a commuter student? Indiana State University defines a commuter student as one who does not live in a residence hall on campus.
Commuter students comprise roughly 60% of the entire student population at Indiana State University! Whether you live in Terre Haute or a nearby town, at home with your parents or in an apartment just down the street, Commuter Services offers a variety of programs and services to help you connect with the Indiana State University community.
Live-On Requirement: University Housing Policy states that first-year students (with less than 32 earned academic hours) are required to live in University Residence Halls unless they live and commute from their parent or legal guardian's home (within a 60-mile radius of campus). Student must complete exception form with Residential Life Office.
Upcoming Dates and Events
Sunday, August 18 | 3:00p.m. | HMSU, Dede I
Join us together and we'll head to Sycamore Welcome as a group!
- Where are My Classes?
- Monday, August 19 | 6:00p.m. - 8:00p.m. | Dede Plaza, Fountain
- Commuter Challenge
- Thursday, August 22 | 2:00p.m. - 4:00p.m. | HMSU, Commuter Lounge
- Wednesday, September 4 | 12:00p.m. - 2:00p.m. | HMSU, Campus Life (across from Starbucks)
- Commuter Appreciation Week | September 9-13
- Commuter Cash Cab | September 10 | 10:00a.m - 12:00p.m | Across Campus
- Surviving Adulting | September 11 | 12:00pm. | HMSU, Dede I
- Commuter Challenge | September 12 | 12:30p.m. - 2:30p.m. | Science Building, 2nd Floor
- Commuters Connected | September 13 | 12:00p.m. - 2:00p.m. | HMSU, Campus Life (across from Starbucks)
Commuter Student Spotlight
- Do you know an outstanding commuter student? Nominate them or yourself for the Commuter Student Spotlight!
- Email the Commuter Coordinator, John Gettemeyer, to submit your nominations: John.Gettemeyer@indstate.edu