The ISU Housing Fair, sponsored by Commuter Life, is a great way to make Indiana State students and staff aware of the various off-campus housing options and resources in the Terre Haute community. It is also an avenue to provide students with tools to make informed decisions and prepare them for the responsibility associated with off-campus living.
What is the date and location of the in-person Housing Fair?
The Housing Fair will be held on Wednesday, February 9, 2022 from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. EST. in Hulman Memorial Student Union, Dede I, Indiana State University. Check-in will begin at 10:00 a.m., and we ask that you be set-up and in place by 10:45 a.m.
Please note some of the following information is in response to operating the Housing Fair during the COVID-19 pandemic. The information below may not accurately represent Housing Fair 2022.
How will someone participate in the Housing Fair if they are uncomfortable or unable to be in-person?
This year’s Housing Fair will take place in two parts. One part is the in-person Housing Fair hosted in the Hulman Memorial Student Union. The other part is the virtual Housing Fair hosted on the Commuter Life webpage. This event will be available for attendees to access from January 11th – February 17th.
This page will include your organization’s name (hyperlinked to your webpage), rent range, and contact information. We will also link to up to two virtual pieces that you have available, such as: video, virtual tour, electronic advertisement, or brochure. We will encourage attendees to come to the in-person Housing Fair to speak with you directly or contact you if they would feel more comfortable in a one-on-one setting.
What are the benefits of attending the Housing Fair and how do I register?
What better way to reach out to the students and staff at Indiana State! Not only will your general information be in the Event Program Booklet and on the Commuter Life webpage, but you also have the opportunity to purchase advertising space in the program. Do you want to be at the Housing Fair 2022? Click here to register today!
What is the registration fee?
The registration fee has been reduced to $50 per vendor and is applied to the overall cost of the event. No refunds will be issued after December 2, 2021.
What is included in the registration fee?
The registration fee will include the following:
- One 6 foot table and one chair
- Unit Profile* in Event Program Booklet**
- Online Unit Profile listing (limited to January 11th - February 17th)
- One voucher for parking on campus (if reserved in advance)
* The Unit Profile is a description containing general information such as name of organization, address, phone number, e-mail address, office hours, web site, leasing options, and deposit amount required.
** The Event Program Booklet is 8.5 x 5.5 in. and will be distributed to fair attendees as a takeaway and resource.
How will the in-person event be modified to provide for health of vendors and attendees?
- The number of people allowed in the space will be limited to allow for social distancing.
- Vendors are allowed to only have one representative working their table at a given time (you can choose to split the time or rotate with other staff).
- If the room has reached the limited capacity, attendees will be asked to wait outside until space becomes available.
- Tables will be spaced out around the room and attendees will be asked to move in one direction.
- Attendees should not congregate around tables, but instead approach on an individual basis (those in small connected groups, such as roommates, can move together).
- Masks that cover the mouth and nose are required to be worn at all times by vendors and attendees.
- Please note: You are required to wear a mask while in the Hulman Memorial Student Union, and while on-campus when social distancing is not possible.
- You will need to leave the space in order to remove your mask to eat. Mask may be removed momentarily to drink after confirming at least no one is within 6 feet of you. We encourage you to bring a straw for your beverage.
- Giveaways and handouts are discouraged
- The event program booklet will be provided virtually to students through QR codes or short links to access from their phones or computers. No physical copies of the booklet will be provided. We encourage vendors to also utilize QR codes, short urls, or lay out documents that students can photograph with their phone camera.
- If providing giveaways or handouts items they must be distributed through a “grab and go” method (ie. Place items on a table allowing attendees to pick them up without making contact with you or with a giveaway item other than the one they are taking).
- We encourage you to bring hand sanitizer for use between visiting with attendees and before handling any giveaway items.
- No food item should be provided to attendees.
- Vendors and attendees are required to complete and display the green check from the Sycamore Symptom Assessment before entering the space (emailed out the morning of the in-person Housing Fair).
- Please note: We are following current guidelines to plan for this event. Guidelines may change or the event may be canceled based on given requirements and guidelines.
- We reserve the right to refuse entrance or ask vendors and attendees to leave the Housing Fair for not following the guidelines outlined.
How do I pay the registration fee?
Pay by Check (preferred option)
Print out a copy of the email registration confirmation and include with the check. Make check out to Indiana State University with Commuter Life in the memo line and mail to:
Attn: Debbie Barber
318 North 6th Street
Terre Haute, IN 47809
Pay by Phone
Call the office directly at (812) 237-8684 and be prepared to provide Credit Card information for Visa or MasterCard. If we are away from the phone, please leave a voicemail about best time to return your call. Campus is open 8am - 4:30pm on weekdays.
Once your payment is received and processed, we will notify you via e-mail.
What is the last day to register for the Housing Fair?
Registration and payment received after December 2, 2021 will not be guaranteed a Unit Profile in the Program Booklet. Registration for the Housing Fair will not be accepted after December 2, 2021.
How do I submit my advertisement for the Event Program Booklet?
If you choose to advertise in the Event Program Booklet, please email the PDF to email@example.com. We also ask that your advertisement be at 300 dpi resolution if possible. Due to the time frame of preparing publications, all advertisements must be received by December 2, 2021 for guaranteed entry in the Event Program Booklet. The prices below do not include the registration fee.
Full page ad dimensions: 4.5 x 7.5 in - $60
Half page ad dimensions: 4.5 x 3.75 in - $50
Where do I park for the Housing Fair?
For convenient parking on campus, we will provide one parking voucher (if requested) to park in any student or staff lot on campus. You will receive one parking voucher at the Housing Fair check-in. If you choose to park in a metered spot, or a pay lot, you are responsible for the charges. Pay lots include the lot north of the Hulman Memorial Student Union, West Visitor's Pay Lot, and the Parking Garage off Cherry Street. A campus parking map will be provided showing you the closest lots for parking.
How will the Housing Fair be promoted to ISU students and the campus community?
A variety of promotional methods will be used to promote the Housing Fair, including:
- Online advertising: ISU webpage and Social Media
- Posters and table-tents on campus
- Campus-wide emails sent to all students, faculty, and staff
- Online University calendar
- Television ads in the Hulman Memorial Student Union and classroom buildings throughout campus
Whom should I contact with questions?
Indiana State University