You are here

Honors Conversion

Honors students who are completing the Honors in the Major and/or Foundational Studies elective concentration may choose to convert classes for Honors credit. Honors Conversion entails a contract between an individual student, an instructor, and the Honors College to determine a suitable enhancement to course content that justifies Honors credit for that class. For example, a student enrolled in ENG 339 - Women’s Poetry might convert that class to ENG 339 - Hon: Women's Poetry through the addition of an assignment(s) or project(s) that raise the level of challenge of the course.


Please follow these instructions to convert a class to Honors:

  1. The student should decide which course to convert. 
  2. The student should contact and meet with the professor to discuss a possible Honors component of the course.
  3. A brief statement should be prepared discussing the Honors project the student will be doing, the assignments involved in the project, and the criteria for evaluation upon which the student and the professor have agreed.
  4. Complete the Honors Conversion form and obtain the necessary signatures. Completed forms should be submitted to the Honors College office.

Conversion Forms

Conversion forms must be typed, signed by the student and instructor, and will not be processed without a description of the Honors component and the evaluation criteria.

application-pdf.png Honors Conversion Form (PDF)

application-pdf.png Honors Conversion Form (PDF - Adobe Digital Signatures)

File Honors Conversion Form (Word Document)

Submitting Conversion Forms

Note: Fall 2020 Honors Conversion forms were due on Friday, September 18. 

Printed conversion forms may be submitted to the Honors College office in Pickerl 110. The Pickerl doors are locked for the Fall 2020 semester. For assistance, please call the Honors College office at 812-237-3225.

Honors Conversion forms that have been digitally signed or scanned may be submitted online. An online submission link for Spring 2021 conversion forms will become available in January.

Information for Faculty

application-pdf.png Honors Course Conversion Information for Faculty (PDF)

Please contact the Honors College at 812-237-3225 with any questions.